- WHO WE ARE?
Brain Bar Ltd. (“Brain Bar” or “we” or “us”) (registered seat: Székács street 29., 1122 Budapest, Hungary; company registration number: 01-09-285175) acts as a data controller. It means Brain Bar decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
We are the organizer of the Brain Bar event (hereinafter referred to as: event), and to this event and for the related services it is necessary that the data controller obtains certain personal data of ticket purchasers and visitors.
As a data controller, Brain Bar is registered by the Hungarian National Authority for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (“NAIH”) (the registration number related to the marketing is NAIH 145386/2018, the registration number related to direct marketing is NAIH-145384/2018/2015 and the registration number related to newsletter database development is NAIH-145383/2018).
- HOW TO CONTACT US?
In respect of data protection related questions, to exercise your rights or file a complaint, please contact us by sending an email to the email address set forth below. You may alternatively contact us by sending a postal mail to the following address.
Postal address: H-1122 Budapest, Székács u. 29.
- YOUR PERSONAL DATA – WHAT IS IT?
Personal data relates to natural person who can clearly be identified from that data, in particular your name, address, e-mail address, credit or bank card number. Identification can be made by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information otherwise in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession.
- HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA?
We collect your data on our website during the registration process, via email, during the check-in process at the event, during the event, and via RFID.
- WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA? (DATA PROCESSING PURPOSES)
We collect and use your personal data for the following purposes:
- In order to participate in our student/teacher programme then you shall be required to provide the following personal data: name, email address, the number of your student/teacher ID. The purpose of the data management is the verification of your student/teacher status.
- To send you newsletters. For this purpose, we collect the following data: name and e-mail address.
- To improve the attendee experience as well as to provide important crowd dynamics data we use Radio Frequency Identification (“RFID”) technology. To discourage counterfeiting there is a RFID chip on each booklet or bracelet of the event. Each chip is scanned before you receive it at the check point to ensure that it is in good working order. The chip can be read by scanners placed at the gates of the event’s venues. The chip in each booklet does not carry any personal data, however, the RFID chip contains a unique ID code that may be correlated with your email address. Brain Bar does not track RFID tags after the event has ended. To improve your experience and at our festival during the ticket purchase we collect the following data: age, gender, country and town.
- To carry out customer satisfaction survey for analytical purposes, for quality improvements of the event, for service developments, to improve the performance of the website, to measure the success of our advertising campaigns. For this purpose we collect the following data: e-mail address.
- To support administrative and legal purposes for example anti-fraud screening, for safety and security purposes. For this purpose we collect the following data: name, email address.
- To help you to find a job at Brain Bar you will be able to send your CV to Brain Bar via our web site. For this purpose we collect the following data: name, e-mail address, phone number, driving license number, citizenship, photo, spoken languages, Instagram ID, LinkedIn ID, schools, university, specialization, student status, job experience, name of the employer, job position, short description of interest and hobby; short description of the job you are looking for. When you apply for a job position we may take a look at your social media profile on Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram whether you are fit for the job offered by us. We only view publicly available data (e.g. posts, comments) on social media platforms, we do not research you in private groups and we do not save or store your social media profiles.
- LEGAL BASIS OF DATA PROCESSING
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary.
In case of accounting documents, the retention period is 8 years from the closing of the financial year, in accordance with Section 169 of Act C of 2000 on Accounting.
If a court or disciplinary procedure is initiated, then the personal data will be retained until the termination of the proceedings, including the duration of any possible remedy, which data thereafter, in the case of civil claims, will be deleted after the civil law statute of limitation runs.
In the case of consent-based data processing, personal data will be processed until the consent is withdrawn.
- FURTHER PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
- YOUR PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Pursuant to the applicable data protection law you may have the right
- to request access to your personal data,
- to request rectification of your personal data,
- to request erasure of your personal data,
- to request restriction of processing of your personal data,
- to request data portability,
- to withdraw your consent,
- to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Right to access
You may have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you is processed, and, where that is the case, to request access to the personal data.
- Right to rectification
You may have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data undergoing processing. We may request additional information from you for identification or for further copies requested by you.
You may have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you. Depending on the purposes of the processing, you may have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
- Right to erasure (right to be forgotten)
Under certain circumstances you may have the right to request from us the erasure of your personal data and we may be obliged to erase such personal data. In such cases we will not be able to further provide to you our services.
- Right to restrict processing
Under certain circumstances you may have the right to request from us the restriction of processing your personal data. In this case the respective data will be marked and may only be processed by us for certain purposes.
- Right to data portability
Under certain circumstances you may have the right to receive your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (i.e. in digital form) and you may have the right to request the transmission of those data to another entity without hindrance from us, if such transmission is technically feasible.
- Right to withdraw consent
When the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time without giving any reason to us, free of charge by clicking the link provided in each newsletter. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
If you withdraw your consent to processing your personal data, we may not be able to provide all or parts of the services which you have requested.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority
If you feel that your personal data rights have been breached, you can also contact and lodge a complaint with the local data protection authority.
You can also contact the Hungarian Authority for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (Nemzeti Adatvédelmi és Információszabadság Hatóság, H-1125, Hungary, Budapest, Szilágyi Erzsébet fasor 22/C.; telephone: +36-1 391-1400; telefax: +36-1 391-1410; e-mail: email@example.com).
- HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Brain Bar complies with its obligations under the applicable data protection laws by
- keeping personal data up to date;
- storing and destroying it securely;
- not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data;
- protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the protection of your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, in particular but not limited to where the processing involves the transmission of data over a network, and against all other unlawful forms of processing.
Brain Bar, in line with this, among other things, applies different levels of access rights to the data, which ensures that only the appropriate authorized person has accesses to the data, whose knowledge of the data is necessary to fulfil his or her obligation arising out of or in connection with the performance of his or her job.
- SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Brain Bar, in the course of its operation, may utilize the services of various data processors and external service providers to handle and process your personal data for specific purposes.
The data processors shall process the personal data at the most as long as the term of the data processing contract concluded with them is valid and in force, or until they are required to keep your data under the applicable data retention laws.
We may disclose your personal data to the following categories of third parties (recipients) for the purposes described below:
- other third party service providers involved by us for data processing;
- third parties, such as law firms, courts, other bodies or service providers in order to enforce or apply any contract with you;
- government authorities or enforcement bodies such as the police and regulatory authorities, upon their request and only as required by the applicable law or to protect our rights or the safety of our customers, staff and assets.
11.1. Third party service providers
When you purchase a service (e.g. you buy festival tickets) of third parties via our website, we will share your personal data needed for the provision of the services with the third parties service provider.
The data processing of such third parties may also be governed by their own privacy policies. Please review the privacy policies on the website of such third parties directly for more information about their data processing practices.
11.2. Data Processors
Brain Bar engages certain third parties to provide assistance during the performance of our services.
- Zászlóshajó Kulturális és Kereskedelmi Ltd. (Cg.: 01-09-697406.) for invoicing tickets;
- Supreme Element Ltd. (Cg.: 19-09-517507) for providing IT services and IT support for provision of IT support services;
When you use our website, cookies are stored by your browser on your device. Please note that if you disable cookies our website may not function properly on your browser. Our aim is to ensure that our website offers visitors what they are looking for and provides them with the most relevant marketing communication. In order to achieve this goal, we may store and use your data, building usage profiles for market research, for quality improvements of our website to improve the performance of the website, to measure the success of our advertising campaigns or to tailor services to your needs.
You are entitled to object against the use of your data for building usage profiles as described above at any time.
We may also transfer your non-personally identifiable data such as, but not limited to, anonymous demographic information and online behaviour to our contracted partners (e.g. third party service providers) for the purpose of market research. “Non-personally identifiable data” in this respect means we modify your personal data so that the information concerning personal or material circumstances cannot be attributed to you or that such attribution would require a disproportionate amount of time, expense and effort. We store data sent by your browser and device to our website during the reservation process. No such data will be disclosed to third parties except in aggregate, non-personally identifiable forms.
- THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR MARKETING PURPOSES
We send you newsletters if you have requested such communication from us by subscribing to such services, or if you provided us with your details. We will not contact you electronically for marketing purposes unless you have expressly indicated your consent by ticking relevant tick boxes on the data entry form in which you entered your contact information.
- THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The brainbar.com website provides links to other websites for your convenience and information. Please be aware that these sites may be owned and run by other companies and organizations and have different security and privacy policies. Brain Bar has no control over and takes no responsibility for any information, material, products or services contained on or accessible through those websites.
- THIRD PARTIES LIABILITY
Brain Bar is not responsible for third parties’ use of your data, where such use is permitted for their own purposes. In such cases these third parties also be considered data controllers, please consult their privacy policies for further information.
Updated: 09 November 2018.